Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The morning was just a blur

Woke up at 5.30am today, cursed at the handphone and took another hour nap and woke up still cursing. Why huh? The feeling you get when waking up early should be good (for me) so why? I figured it was because of 4 reasons.

1. School Jitters. Ever since primary school even in Secondary and JC. Its fear, worry, excitement and anxiety at the same time. Resulting in the inability to sleep till 2am.

2. Too many late nights. Can't help it, people come online at night. It's like MSN is dead in the morning, everyone is offline. The new year and Christmas parties didn't help either.

3. Lousy breakfast. I had milk, cranberry juice, damn good sandwiches and cookies. That's good if you don't have to rush through them. Breakfast sucks if you take it under 10 minutes. Remember the puke story?

4. Shiok weather. Good weather should be spent unnoticed i.e you should sleep during these blessed moments. Not like how I spent my afternoon napping when it's so hot and humid. I hate waking up from afternoon naps or any naps for that matter, makes me feel all moody and lousy.

But apart from that I had a rather peaceful and fun first day. Water colouring IS FUN! Fun but I seriously need more practise. One thing I like about water colouring is that you can keep your colours on your palette. You can keep it for ages without washing them, same reason why cooks always keep some of the kambing soup (Shiok Indian mutton soup) for the next day. You get years and years of X-factor(whatever you call it) in that thing and brewing into your work, something only you have that is unique to you. Your paint is your style. Wah so deep! I like!



My friend Yan Liang bought a set of "el cheapo" paints that dried up quite ugly so he washed them away in the sink. The colours it created there was beautiful. See see

So trippy. Reminds me of Paddle Pops, that 70s show and Delirium from the Sandman comics. Also very primary school like. Which was probably the same time I last seriously used water colours (to paint my family potrait and zoo animals which you can't really tell the two apart).

I feel like a kid today, must be all the Primary One kids I saw in the morning when I left home. Rosyth Primary One school kids, "Kor Kor Jon" pities you with your humungo school bags. One day I will abolish all heavy bags and make sure the only massive thing you bring is your Gameboy or Playstation Portable (which I will allow!...hooray!)

Shite, I still have to bid for modules, stoopiitt CORS! Shall force unto thyself and do 5 mods instead of my slacker plans to do 4. (shakes head)

Sidenote

-Welcome Back Cheryl! Look forward to meeting up. It has been ages.

-Adios Teng Sheng! Enjoy Chicago, the weather can't be that bad all year round

-Looks like Geraldine didn't enjoy her day after we met at Art Friend Taka yesterday. Didn't plan to go out but it was an Art Emergency when I realised i had no board and paper. Calling her situation "suay" would be an understatement. link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home