Thursday, December 29, 2005

Help!


This song just ran through my head while I was running just now (get it? Ran thru? Someone stop me please). 2005 feels like 3 years crammed into one, seriously if you asked what I did in January, I really don't remember. First it was Tekong, my island in the sun (if not for all the work it's really a nice place) then it was NUH which was a hectic experience than came Uni life....that one cannot describe in one post.

As a reflection on 2005, I guess what I realised more than anything else this year is that I can't go through all this alone. Jon is no one man show, although he would like to be one.

I need people to hear me out, I need people for advice and I seriously need help in my Archi stuff, I need people to hear my bitching/complaining/"kao peh"ing, I need people to need me, I need help cause I'm going to be 22 soon and that is 2x11 which is blardy old, I need someone proficient in the art of Traditional Balinese Massage to give my legs a good rub down, I need someone to share my angst when I get the rare emo thing(or when I'm drunk). I need HELP!

For next year I will cut down seeking solace in running, watching TV or my beloved 64bit processor and start talking to people, Jon is going to be more open to people, yes I mean PEOPLE, let me spell it our for you P I P P L E. No I'm not going to have a major life makeover, I just want to improve on the way things are, I don't think I can remain Jon of 2005 all the time, everyone changes whether you like it or not. Cheers to that!

Actually I wanted to include just a chorus of this song but heck everything in it seems to make sense now. I give you the lyrics to the first song from the Help!(UK) movie soundtrack.

The Beatles - Help!

Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me.

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these daya are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me, help me, help me, oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home