Thursday, December 15, 2005

Of Runs, the Runs and Supper

Down with a cold today, nothing much really. Just wasted a roll or two of toilet paper to blow my nose, using kleenex is such a waste. Sneezed my way at the detergent section of NTUC just now and overheard this mother and daughter at the toy section (supermarket als0 got toys leh...)

Mother: come come let's go

Daughter (can't be older than 7) : no (does the silent thing, which seems that girls of all ages do too hmmm......)

Mother: let's go i'll buy you a house tomorrow, a big one. Bigger than aunty ___ (forgot)'s one at her place.

Daughter: Silent but seems contented. My constant sneezing starts to get its own audience by now.

WAH LAU eh for one moment me and my bro actually thought she was going to get her a new apartment or at least a HDB flat. Come christmas she is so gonna expect a small box with a set of keys to her new crib. Lucky girl...

Earlier in the day, i decided to run. I know i noes, sick is cannortch run one right? but heck lah. It felt good to run again. Lately i've been doing 5km but ever since yesterday i upped the notched by 2 more. The feeling you get out of them is amazing, it's like getting an extra patty on a Double Mushroom Swiss. You take longer to finish it and you enjoy it more. The runny nose seemed to disappear for that moment. It's great to run proper again, no more panting, more enjoying. I have my shoes to thank.

Dear New Balance, thanks for helping me get my feet back. I've been avoiding you for quite a while and yet you still embrace me with open laces, for that i love you. I know your cushioning is wearing off a little, but that is the cost of our relationship, my knees, by the way, hurt a little too. Soon you'll have to go and just become like the others, "casual". But for now let us make full use of the mileage you have left. Miss nike and adidas didn't stay as long as you, your the best i have so far, thank you thank you



Your beloved owner. (I'm such a shoe slut, this is my hundreth pair of loved shoes)








Oh and running is very calorie burning so remember to eat okay? All the xiao di di and mei mei don't try to be skinny like some hollywood stars, not all of us are rich like them and can afford plastic sugery so that we can look good and skinny at the same time.

Eat hor, like me here cook noodles in the middle of the night. Remember less salt and more vegetables.
Okay forgot about eating late, it's not good, bad dreams of scary monsters will haunt you and you will dream of ugly uni student tutors and bad memories of PSLE and kindergarden. Sleep early.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miffi said...

fish fingers!!! right? mmmmm....

9:49 PM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home