Saturday, November 24, 2007

of the need to rhyme,when its tea time

Andrea's disease has spread....

I was enjoying Edward Burke's essay on a nice saturday afternoon (okay to be honest i was watching tv having breakfast and reading the essays during commercials)
and i had this need to rhyme


An Afternoon Tea Without My Curry
by a bored student who can't rhyme

Edward Burke was into sublime and beauty

when really he should have done his duty
and not talk about a woman's smoothness which was naughty
or the ugliness of deformed limbs that looked gawky
all for the sake of some philosophical enquiry

You speak of variation and delicacy
and when you try to explain black and white with all the hidden irony
oh my your recapitulation has left my brain all knotty
on why you think all pretty things must be tiny
really does confound me

Its probably because its the 21st century
I guess you never tasted curry
its sharpness and strong taste will make your heart jump in a flurry
Or you might vomit when you see the works of Gehry
, Zaha's Arts Centre in Cincinnati
and kill yourself in the rationality of OMAs Seattle Library

oh look at the time its already 4.30
i should get some tea or hot coffee
and then i should really start to study

fin


okay so my rhym-me-ness ain't slick as Andrea's with all those long and short sentences
but Edward Burke would say that proportion never was the cause of beauty in vegetables.

random photo of the day
untitled2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home