Tuesday, July 31, 2007

MY LAPTOP IS BACK!!!


MY LAPTOP IS BACK!!!, originally uploaded by jonolist.

yayyy!!! After three home visits from the Dell techies (they are by far the best tech support and service i've known but i know some of you will disagree) my laptop is up and running again! yayyyness. According to the tech guy the graphics card was burnt but in the end they replaced the LCD, motherboard, ram, power adapter and the supposedly fried graphic card. Not bad for a two year 500 dollar warranty extension. You may think that is abit pricey but hey...its almost a new laptop and I don’t get that noisy whirring sound anymore (they changed the fan too!)

The new spanky clean 17inch lcd screen doesn't need that piece of paper stuck on the side for it to display properly any longer. And the sound is back again! And after all those tech visits i learnt how to diy my own lcd, ram, graphics card, optical disc drive and even processor (pretty simple, justs alot of screws thats all). Btw I’m looking for a pair of 2nd hand 1024mbg DDR@ 533mhz SODIMM RAM and dell compatible DVD-RW.

My reborn laptop will be christened “NEIL” my favorite author (yeah male name, think of it as a sex change….i mean the laptop not me). Who needs a Macbook Pro or Area-51 when I have NEIL? He doesn’t have dual core, probably can’t run Vista but its got a big screen, speakers that are honey to my ears and a Geforce Go 6800 256 dedicated ram (none of those memory sharing shite) which plays a decent Need for Speed.

NEIL sits in the lecture hall and makes other notebooks feel like palmtops, NEIL is a TV screen, NEIL lets you read this blog without scrolling sideways. NEIL has 6 SIX USB ports. NEIL is fat…not like those skinny Fujitsus. NEIL trains your biceps. Although the battery is dying out now, lags badly when you play C&C Tiberium wars and I have to lug that cumbersome adapter everywhere we go , all that along your weight issues. I still love NEIL and I wouldn't have you any other way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home