Tuesday, October 17, 2006

On bumbling into the unknown..And loving it.

He got me there when he talked about being true to oneself

It kept me thinking....

really hard...

about everything that was going on...

well almost everything.....

DAMN

Frank Gehry's lecture gave me real insight to someone I used to enjoy dissing off because it was seen as fine to do so. On the contrary, the man is such a charming character with so much passion in his work, I felt ashamed. The irrational chaotic poetry (or something along those lines) as how William Lim puts it is so individual so unique to the person. You may not like the things he does but hey! The way he does it puts every single piece of highly rationalized object so prevalent around the pretensious world we now live in to shame.

Somehow I have no idea what I am talking about now but I don't see the reason why I should stop...Probably because among all things said he finally answered something boggling me (even though he didn't imply it, it came out naturally). That being human and with the raw extensions of our body namely the hand and its unfathomable skill in molding and crafting is more than just an extension of one's cognitive manifestation produced by the mind but a combination of other forces which the unfamiliar construct of our mind is unable to grasp. The hand controls you beyond the mind. To cut the long story short, there's magic going on that I really want to have but at this immature stage I can only pursue and even if I should in all luck and hard work be able to grasp just a handful of it I shall be eternally grateful to the divine higher powers that be.

Of the fruit

But i should be thankful that the thing I pursue, the divine that I want is unreachable but not unthinkable, for that i enjoy the process of the journey, of the people I meet and the knowldge I gain.

Enjoy the ride


update...ooo and the almost full Frank Gehry episode of simpsons but now in espanol but still very funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger L!an said...

I guess we haven't experienced enough to grasp what Gehry has at his finger tips. but looking at the progress you're going, i'm sure you will hit it one day. :)

10:10 AM, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home