Sunday, December 04, 2005

Flea Market!

Had breakfast at Hong Lim today, excellent prawn noodles. While Mum was busy booking the Bali trip (yes! 17th December! Sweet!), my brudder and I took a walk down to China Square. The weekend flea market is AMAZING! okay it's the third or fourth time i've been there and it's usually the same stalls but you discover new things all the time. A real waste as i forgot to bring my camera along, the trip was unplanned for anyway. Apologies for the poor photos, all taken with my pok kai camera phone.

Abit of promo here, Chinasquare does this execllent flea market selling mainly toys, collectabiles, antiques (or vintage classy stuff) and lots of other neat stuff. Anime toys, GachaPon!, Vinyls, Posters, old Happy Meal Toys and lot's of crazy stuff. I love it! I want to marry flea market and feed it's kids! yes! See more here.



Tonnes of toys! woohoo enough to satisfy any toy collector. Gort alots you know...gorts cute type like sanrio stuff, also ghots boys stuff like bleach and naruto, ghey stuff also have like man in trunks (i saw a guy buy that!) and alot lah you got to go there. not for the faint hearted.

Cheryl! great news! They have Totoro! and alot of other Studio Ghibli stuff.




Oh there is this great antique shop there too (actually there are a few but this one is the best) that plays damn good oldies. Like the ones i play in studio! haha! Beatles, Frankie Lymon,The Pretenders woohoo! I was naturally attracted, they have alot of goodies there. Me and my bro were playing with this old headphones. They are from Coca~Cola and it come with a built in radio! Sweet! We put them on and took pics.



Oh and we stumbled on this vintage clock.



Woah! It will look damn good in my room, matches the the one in the living room now. I think they are of the same make. These clocks work on power lines so if there's a black out, time literally stops. How neat is that! I'm crazy now muahahaha.



I wish my tv set broke down. So i could excuse myself and get this funky yellow TV set! Love it! No remote control cuz there's no channels to press, it has those radio knobs where you tune to the channel! Wah thats means hor i can watch TV3 again leh!

Oh then i saw this and realised i was born in the wrong era.


Isn't she beautiful? Black gloves, dunnoe-what sprayed hair, classic table top pose. No one can pull that look off these days.


Hacks in a metal tin. The guy is using a hankie! Social responsibilty being advertised. We never pay attention..sigh

Back to the toys. Saw this going at hundred plus plus. Darn. They look damn real lar, Ringo has that shabby look, Paul with the eyes, George singing and John just doing his thing. Amazing. I need to save up. hmmm wonder if MinMin reads my blog? She is one crazy Beatles Fan, shall blog about the funny bus incident next time.




I think i spent three hours there. You can just walk around, not buy anything and browse,inspect,play with stuff and the nice stall owners won't mind. But how could i leave empty handed right? I tahan and control and spent about 6 bucks on two toys only. But i am a happy man today.

here

Hamm the Pig. Taken from the scene where they were trying to cross the road. I keep laughing when i see this.



This guy downs his opponents, i like the way they paint the fella on the back. All grey.

Wah i can't wait to go there again. along the way back my bro saw this weird looking thing at ntuc. At first we thought it was placed in the wrong section but a closer inspection proved otherwise.



How to bath in this? What if you suddenly have a choco craving?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home