Sunday, December 31, 2006

last post of the year

and I thank God for everything.

I guess I've been quite the hermit the past one week, maybe I'm tired, maybe I just enjoy being at home. Yes those probably are the reasons why I rather not do any reveling this year (last year's was a blast but I rather keep things mellow this time around).

Yes home and tired especially after i did some reflection, of which i have done alot of (in the midst of room cleaning and laundry washing) I realised how much time I've spent away from home. The countless nights in the archi studios, all the late night outings, suppers, hour long runs, not that I didn't enjoy them but I think I owe home some quiet time.

In this year alone I've been travelling more than I expected, Melaka twice, Penang Klang KL Ipoh JB Yogyakarta. I visited three Aga Khan's and other magnificent places. but after all that the best place to reflect on my travels would be home, with Louis Armstrong playing thru my speakers. Maybe some Oasis, Fiona Apple accompanied by those fantastic stories weaved by Neil Gaiman. yes that would be most blissful.

and then there was the Istana project, of which i would never forget the success of it was all due to teamwork and God's guiding light. you guys rule.

There will always be Team Fong. We should backpack out to somewhere insightful again soon, maybe we fly instead though i wouldn't really mind another train ride.

Not to forget my other studio mates. Studio 3 in Yr1Sem2 and the most hipperning studio with the Ties Studio 1 of Yr2Sem1.

ah and also worthy of some mention:- Its been a nice feeling to pick up my camera again. I feel very comfortable with it now, like meeting a friend i haven't seen for a long time and then just continue where we left off. No awkward moments, no "we'll that's it for now seeya again soon"

I just finished helping Mum pack the dining room cabinet. Its an antique teak wood display cabinet which after 4 hours of re shelving and de-dusting looks like something from a proper eclectic trinket store, with old English teapots proudly displayed along side Chinese weighing scales and packets of Tie Guan Yin. Weird mix but even Dad seems to like it and Mum's finally happy we've done something to it. yes that is how i enjoy New Year's Eve. No booze (unless you count the collection of little liquor bottles you get form the airlines, the cabinet had a few expired bottles) no countdown no auld lang syne, just good family time at home.

Have a blessed New Year

reflection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home