Saturday, May 06, 2006

My first Rally!!!

It being my first visit to a proper rally, of course I had to pick the opposition. Worker's Party had one in Serangoon and since it was on the way home I thought I gave it a try.

Stuck on a jam.

Rally Traffic Jam, originally uploaded by jonolist.

The entire bus load of us were heading for the stadium and most of them don't even live in Serangoon/Aljunied/Marine Parade. They don't even vote because they come from walkover contituencies. See! Who says the general public doesn't give a damn. I feel so Proud to be a Singaporean today and everyone on the bus were talking, yes complete strangers talking to each other about the elections. How untypical is that? wah lau i love my country man!


Rally, originally uploaded by jonolist.


Rally, originally uploaded by jonolist.

Worker's Party puts up one heck of a party(no puns intended) . Its a friggin rock concert I tell you. Even the overhead bridge was packed. Damn the whole stadium was packed with people. Like what I heard from this guy next to me "wah lau, mountain people mountain sea"


Rally, originally uploaded by jonolist.

Here's an Ah Ma with her chair, damn everyone was there, school kids, ang mohs, africans, I even saw a guy who sat the through the whole rally carrying his dialysis bag. Wah. It just shows how much we bother.

Ah Ma at rally, originally uploaded by jonolist.

I managed to squeeze to the middle of the field which put me 50 meters away from the podium but it was packed and I couldn't move any nearer. The best part of the rally was when everyone recited the pledge (which Darryl reminded that it was drafted by a PAP member). I feel so Singaporean man, its even better than the ones in National Day when no one really recites it (come on, its true! I've been through too many to realise that). Both English and Chinese were recited and I tell you if it ever existed the pledge would have been done in Teochew and Hokkien. I leaked a tear man. Here's a video.




wp rally 5 May 2006, originally uploaded by jonolist.

Andrea was at the rally too and we met for prata at her place after the rock concert. We happen to meet some of the younger WP members. Wah they are like me, we eat the same food, visit the same place, i am touched.


prata house guest, originally uploaded by jonolist.

Whatever your choice is remember to vote the right one and don't belive those rumours about your vote being traceable. It isn't! Don't be paranoid. And don't tick! cross!


Green Man is no cross, originally uploaded by jonolist.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the rally too. Hopefully all that cheers will translate into votes for the WP!! I don't get to vote in my GRC (Holland-Bukit Timah), but if I could, you can be damn well sure I'd cross that box for the WP.

5:55 AM, May 06, 2006  
Blogger shijie said...

yo! i didnt go to the serangoon one but i went to the yishun one. there were so many ppl!!! like singaporeans so happening like that. anyway it was quite refreshing on hearing sinaporean speak up
cheerz~~~

9:52 PM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home